BIG, BEAUTIFUL BRAIDS FOR SS/10

If you have waist-length hair like I do, you'll find this trend extremely convenient. The first time I saw the trend fully-fledged for spring, was at the Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2010 runway show at New York Fashion Week last September. To match his androgynous sportswear-inspired collection rocked so well by models like Magdalena Frackowiak and Abbey Lee Kershaw, the models were sporting (pardon the pun) enormous side braids, loosely tied. I absolutely loved it. Classy, chic, and just enough attitude to have me wearing it all summer long. Braids are my forté. 


Backstage at Alexander Wang via I Know What You Wore

To give you some visual inspiration, I decided to pull up Kasia Struss in the January issue of Vogue US. The article was to highlight jackets, hence the editorial "Jackets of All Trades", but I thought it was a nice touch to show a lovely darling sophisticatedly showing-off the beauty trend. The hair stylings in the editorial were done by Guido Palau, and it was photographed by David Sims.

Publication: Vogue U.S.
Issue: January 2010, Editorial: "Jackets of All Trades"
Photographer: David Sims
Model: Kasia Struss

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://myfashionflirt.blogspot.com/2009/09/style-spy-will-you-be-ditching-ebay-for.html#comment-form

Post a Comment