Last year’s awards brought us some superb outfits to ogle, so as we desperately await the return of the world-celebrated awards show, let me give you a reminiscent look at my favorite top ten (plus one for best-dressed male!) accoutrements from last year. see my list below.
- Anne Hathaway in a vividly red Marchesa gown and Harry Winston Jewelry.
- Rennee Zellwegger in clean, pristine Carolina Herrerra and simply sparkling Cartier Jewelry.
- Tilda Swinton looking divine in a flowing black velvet piece by Lanvin.
- Hilary Swank looking, well, swank, in Atelier Versace, Chopard jewelry, and a simply to-die-for Salvatore Ferragamo clutch that I have been longingly eyeing for quite some time now.
- The darling Adrienne Frantz looking luminous in a glittering gown by Zuhair Murag with a hard-to-spot Daniel Swarovski clutch, but definitely there to tie the piece together.
- Keri Russell looking pure as her snow-white Nina Ricci ensemble with glittering H. Stern jewelry, altogether posing her as the beauty queen of the northern world.
- Penelope Cruz in Chanel Haute Couture and Chopard jewelry. As always, Penelope comes out of on top looking in fact, "haute" to trot!
- Heidi Klum glamorously sporting custom John Galliano, and also rocking her very own Heidi Klum Collection for Mouawad jewelry. The wondrous Leiber bag and Stuart Weitzman shoes just bring the whole masterpiece together, to have Heidi looking the image of perfection, as per usual.
- Jennifer Garner, in Oscar de la Renta, Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, and another Roger Vivier clutch, a seemingly popular choice for red-carpetwalkers this evening.
- Cameron Diaz, pretty-in-pink in a gorgeous Christian Dior dress, lovely Bulgari jewelry, and believe it or not, another Roger Vivier clutch for the evening.
With all the red-carpet usuals preparing for the grand prix tomorrow night, every fashion follower is on the tip of their toes, just counting down the grand debut. Ladies and gentelmen, haute couture cats of all locations and tongue, get ready for the night we have all been waiting for. Tomorrow is The 81st Academy Awards. Oh red carpet, darling? We have been patiently awaiting your return.